I devoured a podcast today that was incredibly timely, wildly impactful and one you immediately want to send to all of your growth mindset friends ((that’s you!)) because you know how much it will resonate, motivate and inspire. Here are the key takeaways and the conversation in case you’re on a level-up mission:
- Wake up early – work on yourself before you go out and give yourself to your children, your partner, your business. Wake up proactive, not reactive.
- Read for 20 minutes each day – the average CEO reads more than a book per week on average. Reading every single day fights stress, dementia, builds brain cells, and
- Exercise consistently – the better your body is functioning, the better your mind will function. The body makes more energy when you work out more often. More energy, more success!
- Write down your goals – a Harvard study found that when you write down your goals you are 10x more likely to achieve them. Who doesn’t want a 10X leg up on success?
- Find a mentor – the average millionaire has had 7 mentors throughout their life. When you seek out people who have already done what you want to do, they shorten your learning curve by you learning from their mistakes. How can you get around more people who are in the energy of the life you want to create?!
- Positive self-talk – thoughts are energy, what we say (whether out loud, or in our mind) we are watering flowers or weeds. When we speak to ourselves with kindness, we bring out more positivity and joy; when we speak negatively, we’re watering the weeds and bringing more negativity and self-destruction.
- Embrace failure – successful people know that failure is inevitable and an excellent learning tool. They don’t allow themselves to be held back by a worry to fail. Get the failures out of the way to learn, grow, and breed success.
- Consistent Persistence – the real secret to success is to outlast everyone else. Few people actually start, and the people who do start usually give up too soon. Start, and don’t stop.
- Take calculated risks – evaluate all of the pros and cons to discover the risks involved, then move forward accordingly.
And if you want to hear an expanded version of these key takeaways, search for Rob Dial’s The Mindset Mentor show wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.
Which success bite was your favorite? For me, it was #5, finding a mentor, and surrounding yourself with people who motivate and inspire. Without a doubt, one of my top 2024 goals. And if you have your own wisdom to share, we’d love to hear it in the comments below! Be well and joyful, kind friend!XO, Kaylea